Monday, November 13, 2017
The Globe and Mail Centre (351 King St, Suite 1600)
The CVCA is pleased to invite its members and industry stakeholders to attend its newest signature CVCA Insights event in Toronto this November.
Join private capital investors and stakeholders alike for CVCA Insights Forum: Private Debt. This half-day event, hosted at The Globe and Mail Centre in Toronto’s downtown Financial District kicks-off with a networking lunch followed by four exclusive panel discussions all focused on Canada’s debt ecosystem.
Investors and industry stakeholders are invited to attend this first-of-its kind CVCA forum dedicated exclusively to the debt market, featuring the most knowledgeable experts and an elite gathering of industry professionals.
GP Perspectives: Stating Competitive in an Increasingly Populated Private Credit Industry
– What are private debt funds doing to remain competitive as the GP universe rapidly grows?
– What does deal flow look like in private debt in Canada/North America vs. Europe and other emerging markets?
– How are GPs securing the best deals and returns for their investors?
– Equity implicates for late-stage venture
– What strategies and regions provide outsized returns today, and what do fund managers anticipate in the next 12-18 months?
LP Perspectives: Private Debts Appeal for Investors
– Important questions investors need to ask their managers
– Where does asset allocation fit within private debt?
– Do LPs want the security of assets or high yields?
– What are investors doing to share their portfolios to accommodate private debt as a standalone asset class?
– Robert Olsen – Partner, Deloitte
– Richard Bradlow – Partner, Penfund
– Brian Moncrief – Managing Director, Ares Capital
– Joncarlo Mark – Founder & Managing Member, Upwelling Capital Group
– Martin Day – Partner, Caledon Capital Management
– Kristi Miller – National Managing Director, First West Capital
– Alkarim Jivraj – President & CEO, Espresso Capital
– Robert Rosen – Senior Vice President, Regional Managing Director, Comerica Bank
– Eric LeBlanc – Vice President, Royal Bank of Canada, KBI
– Mark Usher – Partner, Wellington Financial
12:00pm // Registration & Networking Lunch
12:45pm // Global Private Debt Market Outlook
1:00pm // Debt Market Perspective: Institutional Investors
1:45pm // Networking Break
2:00pm // Breakout Session 1: Debt Marketing Perspective: Growth & Late Stage Venture
2:00pm // Breakout Session 2: Debt Market Perspective: Mid Market to Late Stage Growth
3:00pm // Event Concludes
Private equity and venture capital investors and other key industry stakeholders alike are encouraged to attend this event. This event is not suited for entrepreneurs seeking funding. If you have further questions about this event, please contact email@example.com.
-CVCA Member Rate: $249+HST/person
-Non-Member Rate: $349+HST/person
CVCA members must register with the email address affiliated with their CVCA membership in order to receive the member ticket rate. Please contact the CVCA’s communication department if you are looking to secure a media pass to cover this event.