Monday, November 13, 2017
The Globe and Mail Centre (351 King St, Suite 1700)
The CVCA is pleased to invite its members and industry stakeholders to attend its newest signature CVCA Insights event in Toronto this November.
Join private capital investors and stakeholders alike for CVCA Insights Forum: Private Debt. This half-day event, hosted at The Globe and Mail Centre in Toronto’s downtown Financial District kicks-off with a networking lunch followed by four exclusive panel discussions all focused on Canada’s debt ecosystem.
Investors and industry stakeholders are invited to attend this first-of-its kind CVCA forum dedicated exclusively to the debt market, featuring the most knowledgeable experts and an elite gathering of industry professionals.
GP Perspectives: Staying Competitive in an Increasingly Populated Private Credit Industry
– How has the market evolved with regards to investor access to the PD market?
– How does lending in Canada differ from the US markets?
– The differences seen in deal terms globally? North America vs. Europe vs. Asia vs. EM?
– What is the role of direct lending in the market given the changes in global finance regulations? How has this specifically impacted the Canadian Market?
– Are current market changes secular or cyclical?
LP Perspectives: Private Debts Appeal for Investors
– Important questions investors need to ask their managers
– Where does asset allocation fit within private debt?
– Do LPs want the security of assets or high yields?
– What are investors doing to share their portfolios to accommodate private debt as a standalone asset class?
12:00pm // Registration & Networking Lunch
12:30pm // Welcome Remarks
12:45pm // Global Private Debt Market Outlook
1:00pm // Debt Market Perspective: Institutional Investors
1:45pm // Networking Break
2:00pm // Breakout Session 1: Debt Market Perspective: Growth & Late Stage Venture
2:00pm // Breakout Session 2: Debt Market Perspective: US Private Debt Structures in Canada
3:00pm // Event Concludes
12:45PM // Global Private Debt Market Outlook
– Andrew Luetchford, Partner, Deloitte
1:00PM // Debt Market Perspective: Institutional Investors
Where to allocate funds to private debt and why?
Credit strategy and opportunities?
– Joncarlo Mark, Founder, Upwelling Capital (Moderator)
– Adam Wylychenko, Assistant Vice President, CBRE Caledon
– Glenn Hubert, Managing Director Private Debt, IMCO
PE Breakout: 2:00PM // Debt Market Perspective: US Market Structures in Canada
How does US lending differ from the Canadian markets?
Are current market trends secular or cyclical?
– Jennifer Legge, Partner, Stikeman Elliott (Moderator)
– Richard Bradlow, Partner, Penfund
– Brian Moncrief, Managing Director, Ares Capital
– Michael Morris, Director, Northleaf Capital Partners
– Jeff Youle, Head of US Private Debt, Muzinich & Co.
– Troy Unell, Managing Director, Antares Capital
VC Breakout: 2:00PM // Debt Market Perspective: Growth and Late Stage Venture
How are managers sourcing deals & deploying capital?
Where is fresh capital coming from?
Risk & return, how are managers assessing direct lending opportunities?
– Mark Usher, Partner, Wellington Financial (Moderator)
– Kristi Miller, National Managing Director, First West Capital
– Alkarim Jivraj, President & CEO, Espresso Capital
– Robert Rosen, Senior Vice President, Regional Managing Director, Comerica Bank
– Eric LeBlanc, Vice President, RBC-KBI
Private equity and venture capital investors and other key industry stakeholders alike are encouraged to attend this event. This event is not suited for entrepreneurs seeking funding. If you have further questions about this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
-CVCA Member Rate: $249+HST/person
-Non-Member Rate: $349+HST/person
CVCA members must register with the email address affiliated with their CVCA membership in order to receive the member ticket rate. Please contact the CVCA’s communication department if you are looking to secure a media pass to cover this event.