StandUp Ventures invests in breakthrough technology companies led by women. Women led ventures succeed more often, with better returns. We believe that women led companies think outside the box, build more diverse and effective teams, and serve bigger markets. We invest in Seed to Series A stage technology companies predominantly in the enterprise software and health sectors, with at least one woman in a C-level leadership position who holds an equitable amount of ownership in the company. We’re working with an incredible group of curious, confident and fearless entrepreneurs building companies like Sampler, Nudge Rewards, Bridgit, EMOVI and more.
StandUp Ventures is looking for an ambitious and analytically minded Analyst that can help us level up our internal processes, improve the experience and value we add to portfolio companies, and help us find and support the best women led technology companies in Canada.
- Assisting the investment team in evaluating and executing new investment opportunities and contributing to investment memos.
- Performing quantitative/qualitative company and industry research and building sophisticated financial models (scenario analysis, forecasts, expected returns on potential investments etc.).
- Manage and update our deal pipeline and maintain accuracy of portfolio company data and other key back office systems (CRM etc.).
- Supporting the quarterly portfolio reporting process to our limited partners and other general day-to-day administrative operations.
- Help coordinate the StandUp teams calendars, weekly team meetings, and other day-to-day needs.
- Supporting portfolio companies with ad hoc research, introductions, and various inbound opportunities.
- You may be expected to contribute content to help build the firm’s online presence and execute ad-hoc projects as they arise.
We’re looking for thoughtful and analytical candidates with a curiosity for and interest in early stage technology startups.
What you need to be successful:
- 1–3 years of meaningful experience at a venture capital firm, investment bank, consulting or at an early stage technology company.
- A genuine curiosity and passion for technology, start-ups, and diversity demonstrated through your work experience, hobbies or other pursuits.
- Strong financial modeling and business acumen, with exposure to and/or knowledge of SaaS business models.
- A self-starter, who can balance multiple tasks, competing priorities and the initiative to solve problems and make improvements without direction.
- Entrepreneurial attitude and ownership mentality (no task is too small) with strong judgment, attention to detail and an analytical mind.
- Ability to learn fast and apply that new found knowledge on a daily basis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Powerpoint and Excel.
- Strong people skills, and a willingness and comfort in networking and representing StandUp in the startup/VC community.
- A team player with a respectful and welcoming attitude that will positively contribute to a diverse team and stakeholder group
Bonus points if you:
- Are familiar with venture capital deal terms, cap tables, and other areas of the industry.
- Have a bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or a related field.
- Have exposure to and comfort working with various CRM systems.
Candidates must legally be able to work in Canada to be eligible for the role.
Posted Aug 10, 2020