Company Description: Conexus Credit Union - We’re all about our members—ensuring their financial well-being drives everything we do. And that’s not just something we say on our website, it’s a promise. A promise that’s delivered by over 900 employees across Saskatchewan. At Conexus, our purpose is both why we exist and a compelling story of our future. Our values are the behaviours we demonstrate to deliver our purpose and the promise to our members.
We’re looking for an innovative and motivated person to come on board as a Venture Capital Associate. You will work with a rock-star team that has experience operating high-growth VC-backed businesses (Grow), top-tier professional services (McKinsey), and deep experience across the investing spectrum. You will learn through mentorship and osmosis as you participate in all aspects of the fund lifecycle.
We all work across two funds for now (we will be raising more funds in our platform).
CVC Fund #1:
One of the first Saskatchewan-based VC funds – we are almost fully deployed and are in “build and grow” mode with our portfolio. The portfolio includes industry leaders/innovators:
• Coconut Software
• Callia Flowers
• River City Innovations
• Prairie Robotics
• 54e Dev Studios
• Service Box
• SafetyTek Software
• Curbie Cars
Emmertech Fund #1:
Pan-Canadian ag-tech fund built up by the industry – we have a special focus where “technology and the farm intersect”. This is a unique fund that targets one of Canada’s fastest-growing and most exciting sectors. We are just getting started with this fund and will have opportunities from origination, to deal execution, to portfolio management. The portfolio includes industry leaders/innovators:
• Lucent Biosciences
• Ukko Agro
How you’ll be spending your time
• Performing in-depth sector/market research, searching for new, interesting companies, meeting with new founders, monitoring deal flow, and preparing preliminary due diligence reports.
• Conducting qualitative and quantitative aspects of the due diligence process on new/follow-up investment opportunities; including business overview, market analysis, competitive landscape, building financial models and building out returns/exit analysis.
• Supporting fund operations including monitoring and updating the fund model, assisting the accounting team, and monitoring existing investments and key KPIs.
• Investor Support – writing quarterly investor reports, monthly portfolio updates, preparing quarterly investor call presentations, and preparing ad-hoc material for investors.
• Preparing independent projects from the team.
The way people describe you
You are a self-starter whose detail-oriented approach to work leaves no stone unturned. You are a problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and challenging work environment. You are tech-savvy and forward-thinking. Someone who loves to explore new technology, ideas, and teams to find the best Founders/Companies to back.
The experience you bring
• Experience in venture capital, startups, or finance is a must.
• Minimum of three to five years’ experience in management consulting, investment banking, venture capital or private equity. A combination of experience will be considered.
• Post-secondary education in finance, engineering or related field.
• You are a wizard at creating and refining pitch decks.
• You are strong with financial modelling.
• Demonstrated ability to complete work with limited data or information.
Our ideal candidate is someone with roots in Saskatchewan or willing to relocate to Saskatchewan.
Posted Nov. 08, 2021