No other bank is doing what we do.
At BDC, we’re devoted to Canadian entrepreneurs. We’re also dedicated to our employees. Adaptable. Inspiring. Different. There’s a reason we like to work here and we think you’ll like it too.
The Associate Manager, Growth & Transition Capital is an integral part of the deal team who helps assess, structure, perform investor-grade due diligence and complete financing transactions to allow companies fund their organic growth, or finance their change of ownership, merger or acquisition transactions.
CHALLENGES TO BE MET
- Contribute to the development of BDC’s Growth & Transition Capital (G&TC) department by performing detailed financial analyses and modeling on historical and projected financial results.
- Conduct market and industry research, benchmark analyses, compile data and perform various market value analyses and financial forecasts.
- Perform strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analyses for clients’ specific situations and industry sectors in order to assess their inherent or potential risks.
- Receive, investigate and evaluate proposals to determine their viability, undertake due diligence and, if applicable, develop G&TC proposals in accordance with BDC’s standards and procedures.
- Provide close and ongoing monitoring and sound administration of G&TC accounts.
- Ensure that all client needs are met by identifying opportunities for the BDC Financing and Consulting groups to serve customer needs and by maintaining a close knowledge of the capacity and expertise of the network.
- Contribute to the development of BDC’s G&TC portfolio by managing transactions as well as customer contacts/negotiations for G&TC activities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for helping companies succeed on the market!
If you can answer YES to the following questions, you may be just the person we are looking for:
- Do you have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or a related field, or even better, a professional designation (CPA, CFA)?
- Do you have at least 3 years of experience in either a) financial advisory or transaction services or b) corporate finance or 3) financing?
- Do you have strong analytical, risk assessment and financial forecasting skills?
- Do you have experience in evaluations or mergers and acquisitions?
- Do you have sound judgement in the field of financing, credit or investment?
- Would you describe yourself a team player?
- Are you able to manage your time effectively and can deliver with short deadlines?
- Are you comfortable communicating in English and French, written and spoken (An asset)?
- Are you proficient using various software and platforms for example Excel, Capital IQ, etc?
If you are keen to join a high-performance team and you value ethics, apply today!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted Nov 18, 2020