As the voice of Canada’s private capital industry, the Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association (CVCA) works with the investors behind some of the biggest innovations fueling the Canadian economy.
Representing more than 270 member firms and 1,800 individuals, CVCA is proud to advocate on behalf of the industry and connect private capital professionals with market intelligence, expert insights, and other industry authorities.
Our members are as unique as the companies they work with. Our venture capital members are building new enterprises from the ground up, pursuing ground-breaking discoveries and developing novel products, services, and platforms.
Our private capital members are engines of growth for established firms that are elevating their businesses. Together, they play a critical role in Canada’s economic success. As a national organization, CVCA unites professionals, raises industry awareness, and advocates on behalf of its members for fair and competitive policies that drive innovation and growth across Canada.
The CVCA is proud of its track record of delivering value to its members. With this support, our members excel at driving economic growth, creating jobs, and fostering healthy communities.
Message from the CEO
CVCA’s team is diverse and as the CEO I am committed to an inclusive work environment where everyone on the team can be themselves and work in a highly inclusive environment. Diversity makes us stronger and better in all that we do.
Executive Assistant – 12-month Parental Leave Position
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Head of Talent & Operations
We are looking for someone to join our team who is energetic, collaborative, and professional. This individual should be highly motivated to work from home during the pandemic, but equally prepared to come into the office if and when the team returns. CVCA is a busy association with a small team who works together to provide the best possible service to its members. The successful candidate will be responsible for a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks. They will be expected to maintain a high degree of confidentiality while maintaining the CEO’s calendar, ensuring that the CEO is meeting their obligations/commitments, as well as working closely with other departments that require support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Overseeing incoming and outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports, and internal correspondence
- Maintaining the CEO’s calendar, including adding events, scheduling appointments, and providing daily briefings
- Making CEO’s travel arrangements
- Preparing CEO’s monthly expense report
- Logging member engagement calls on Salesforce for CEO and Director of Government Affairs & Policy
- Supporting Head of Talent and Operations with administrative projects
- Facilitating other departments when needed (events registration, data collection, etc.)
- Managing software orders from Techsoup for the team
- Managing CVCA’s Zoom account, assigning roles and providing tech support when needed
- Recording meeting minutes
- Filing important documents and maintaining committee lists
- Conducting research and creating reports on various topics based on the needs of the executive
- Keeping important information and documents organized physically, and electronically
- Ordering office supplies
- Scheduling couriers for the team
- General reception duties when in the office (offering water to visitors, answering the door during meetings, and maintaining office equipment)
Skills & Qualifications
- Demonstrate a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct research and create reports or presentations
- Time management
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office 365, PowerPoint, and Salesforce (CRM)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maintain productivity while working from home
Experience & Requirements
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years experience in a similar or applicable role and have a bachelor’s degree or college diploma.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3:00 PM ET on June 18, 2021.
Posted May 18, 2021