Relay Ventures is hiring a “Financial Analyst” to join the Relay finance team in the Toronto office. This is an excellent ground floor opportunity to be a part of the fast paced venture capital industry.
Relay Ventures is a US$600MM early-stage venture capital firm partnering with founders at the Seed and Series A stages. We are thesis-based investors and finance entrepreneurs who are rethinking industries where technology will have an outsized impact, such as, Financial Services, Real Estate, and Mobility. We have offices in Toronto and Calgary, and a wide network of portfolio companies across North America.
The Financial Analyst is a multidisciplinary role supporting the CFO, Finance and Investment team with the following duties amongst other ad hoc tasks:
- Regular financial reporting (audited and unaudited) to investors
- Valuation of early stage portfolio companies
- Assist investment team in scenario analysis
- Information requests from investment team, portfolio companies and investors
- Record keeping for compliance and reference
- Support annual audit and tax filings, working with internal finance team and external auditors/tax advisors
Undergraduate degree (BCom, BBA, or other discipline working towards CFA preferred)
Other skills required:
- Understanding of financial statements and basic accounting
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office (especially Word and Excel)
- Good communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to self-motivate
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Adaptability and flexibility in moving across various tasks in a fast paced environment
- Sense of humour
Start date: October/November 2021
Location: Toronto (currently remote but in office/remote hybrid model in future)
Feel like you don’t check every box? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are eager to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Relay Ventures is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others.
Posted Oct. 07, 2021