At Ontario Teachers, we know that our Talent are our greatest strength – every innovation, every idea and every win has been powered by our people. We offer a work experience that inspires, encourages talent development, celebrates diversity and rewards superior performance. The best and brightest not only come here – they stay. Help us continue to deliver outstanding service and retirement security to our members and be the world’s leading pension plan. Apply today! Your Talent. Your Experience. Our Future.
As an Investment Analyst, Private Capital in our Equities department, you will have a key role in analyzing potential private equity investment opportunities, executing transactions and working with existing portfolio companies to craft strategy and implement value-enhancing initiatives. Get the chance to define and differentiate yourself as an investor and build strategic relationships with investment banks and industry executives. We work in lean teams which will give you great exposure and hands-on learning opportunities.
Who you’ll work with
Every day, across a range of business sectors and in locations around the world, Ontario Teachers', home to one of the world's largest, most sophisticated pools of private capital, actively seeks opportunities for partnership and to invest in companies that are looking to grow. You will be joining our Toronto office where you will work directly supporting senior team members to evaluate and manage private equity investments.
The SET team targets investments supporting and capitalizing on sustainability, decarbonization and the energy transition. Sub-sectors of focus include: sustainable fuels, commercial & industrial decarbonization solutions; waste-to-value and the circular economy; and enablement services. Transactions will take the form of growth equity and buyouts seeking lead, co-lead and significant minority investment positions.
The Equities department is comprised of: Private Capital Industry Groups, the Global Funds Team, the High Conviction Equities Team and the Portfolio Management Team. The department's mission is to deliver growth through investments in both private and publicly traded entities.
What you’ll do
- Conduct research to support the development of investment strategies and evaluate potential investment opportunities
- Build financial models from the ground up that will be utilized for overall investment valuation, transaction structuring, and financing
- Work with existing models developed by colleagues to incorporate new data and verify results
- Coordinate third-party due diligence advisors and assist in the negotiation and execution of transactions
- Work with management teams to implement initiatives and strategic decisions
- Participate in the ongoing management and monitoring of portfolio companies, including the annual valuation process
- Excel at preparation of investment recommendations and presentations to Private Capital’s investment committees
What you'll need
- A relevant undergraduate degree with excellent academic performance
- Minimum 1 year of meaningful work experience, ideally in private equity, investment banking, corporate development, consulting or transaction services
- Strong financial modeling and analytical skills
- Deep understanding of fundamental investment and valuation analysis
- Self-motivated individual with the dedication to perform in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and collaboration skills
- High degree of professionalism and integrity
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Willingness to travel (primarily within North America)
What we’re offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage, including a Health Spending Account
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Submit your resume through our career portal www.otpp.com/careers Apply today!
You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded interview as part of the recruitment process. This will take no longer than 10 minutes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. You are required to be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Functional Area: Investments
Requisition ID: 3855
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.
Posted Dec. 22, 2021