At Ontario Teachers, we know that our Talent are our greatest strength – every innovation, every idea and every win has been powered by our people. We offer a work experience that inspires, encourages talent development, celebrates diversity and rewards superior performance. The best and brightest not only come here – they stay. Help us continue to deliver outstanding service and retirement security to our members and be the world’s leading pension plan. Apply today! Your Talent. Your Experience. Our Future.
We are looking for an Associate to join our growing Quantitative Credit team. This role will allow you to work on all stages of the investment process – from idea generation, to backtesting, to portfolio management. You will improve and expand the team’s proprietary codebase, aid in running existing strategies, and research and implement new investment ideas. This role requires a combination of investment knowledge and technical software skills to facilitate the rapid expansion of the Quantitative Credit Strategies team.
Who you'll work with
- Reporting to a Senior Principal, Credit Quantitative Strategies, you will work within a team passionate about quantitative credit investing in global single name and index strategies. As an Associate you will have the ability to deploy risk within given risk budgets and constraints.
- Our Credit team is a group of over twenty experienced professionals who invest across the full spectrum of credit products employing diverse investment styles including fundamental analysis (public and private), enhanced indexing, quantitative, structured, and thematic strategies, as well as fund investments.
- As part of a dynamic trading floor environment, you will be able to interact and work with other groups in Capital Markets, leveraging the expertise of over 70 investment professionals.
What you'll do
- Contribute to building and improving the team’s quantitative investment process; from research, implementation, to portfolio management.
- Work with the team to improve our internal codebase, which directly supports the development and execution of proprietary investment strategies, portfolio management, order management, and risk analytics.
- Research and implement new quantitative credit strategies.
- Work openly with colleagues in the Credit group and Capital Markets.
- May provide guidance to other junior staff (Analyst, Intern).
- Strong team player and willingness to develop other team members.
- Build effective partnerships with key stakeholders across the Capital Markets department.
- This role requires a high level of autonomy, with the ability to lead improvements of our codebase, originate and implement new quantitative credit strategies.
- Ability to balance competing priorities, work independently, manage projects and thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
What you'll need
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in quantitative discipline such as Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Finance; CFA an asset.
- A passion for financial markets and quantitative investment.
- Established research capabilities.
- Self initiative, excellent work-ethic and can-do attitude.
- High quality of work and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well within a team. Experience implementing research as trading strategies.
- Very strong quantitative skills, as well as fundamental market knowledge.
- Strong programming skills in Python. Experience with software engineering concepts and techniques, including design patterns, object-oriented programming, databases, version control.
- Minimum 2 years experience in credit, or quantitative investing.
What we're offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage, including a Health Spending Account
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we build reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations, we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded digital interview as part of your application. This portion of your application will take approximately 10 minutes to complete.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted. Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Functional Area: Investments
Requisition ID: 3904
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.
Posted Dec. 14, 2021