At Ontario Teachers, we know that our Talent are our greatest strength – every innovation, every idea and every win has been powered by our people. We offer a work experience that inspires, encourages talent development, celebrates diversity and rewards superior performance. The best and brightest not only come here – they stay. Help us continue to deliver outstanding service and retirement security to our members and be the world’s leading pension plan. Apply today! Your Talent. Your Experience. Our Future.
As a contributing member of the Global Investment Strategy (GIS) team you will help enhance Ontario Teachers’ global competitive advantage by developing and building conviction on strategic responses to emerging global themes that traverse asset classes and regions. In collaboration with the GIS team, and other investment departments, you will help deliver cross-functional strategic initiatives for the Investments Division and leverage differentiated relationships and information.
Who you’ll work with
Based in Toronto, you will be joining as a member of the Global Investment Strategy team, which is part of the CIO Office. You will work closely with your GIS colleagues in Toronto and Asia to help further key strategic priorities and relationships. You will have a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with investment professionals across all asset classes and regions to gain a truly global and holistic perspective of Ontario Teachers’. In addition, you will help support senior members of the GIS team to develop and cultivate key external relationships for the Fund.
What you’ll do
- Work with GIS senior team members to develop recommendations and implementation plans for fund-wide strategic initiatives
- Organize research findings, perform data analysis, and convey results in presentation and pre-read material for senior GIS team members and other senior internal or external audiences
- Distill complex concepts into simple to understand and concise presentation materials for the Fund’s senior leadership
- Bring conceptual clarity to ambiguous issues, by applying and creating frameworks for thinking through problems
- Connect with various asset classes/regions and functional partners to gather input to support strategic initiatives and solicit feedback
- Support the senior GIS team’s development, cultivation, and coordination of key internal and external relationships for the Fund
- Actively contribute to the continuous improvement of our team, including mentoring junior GIS talent
What you’ll need
- Undergraduate degree; graduate degree in economics, business, or global affairs an asset
- Minimum two-years relevant work experience required at an investment bank, management consulting firm, pension plan, asset manager, or private equity/hedge fund
- Prior exposure to long-term strategy development and curiosity about strategic challenges are assets
- Keen interest in, and understanding of, the investment industry, global politics, and/or economic affairs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong presentation capabilities
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills and ability to perform in-depth, critical analysis
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, self-start, and perform effectively in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and build relationship
What we're offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentives
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage, including a Health Spending Account
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Submit your resume through our career portal www.otpp.com/careers Apply today!
You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded interview as part of the recruitment process. This will take no longer than 10 minutes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. You are required to be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Note that all individuals employed by Ontario Teachers’ in our Toronto office will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We remain committed to an accessible, inclusive and barrier free workplace; written requests for a human rights-based exemption from vaccination will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Functional Area: Investments
Requisition ID: 4340
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.
Posted May 30, 2022