At Ontario Teachers, we know that our Talent are our greatest strength – every innovation, every idea and every win has been powered by our people. We offer a work experience that inspires, encourages talent development, celebrates diversity and rewards superior performance. The best and brightest not only come here – they stay. Help us continue to deliver outstanding service and retirement security to our members and be the world’s leading pension plan. Apply today! Your Talent. Your Experience. Our Future.
Trade Operations team is looking for great talents to join their team. The successful candidate requires an in-depth background in Finance Operations processes and a high level of knowledge of Fixed Income and Equity products. This role supports the direct operation of the unit. It also participates in the production support and organizational change of various straight through processing and order management systems. From time to time this role could assume review responsibilities of other staff members work.
Who you’ll work with
This individual will collaborate with members of Technology and Investments as well as external clients, service providers, consultants, and vendors in the delivery of business as usual and projects, to meet the Plan's changing requirements.
What you’ll do
Execute daily work within Finance Operations unit:
- Complete individual/team’s critical priorities for the day including trade capture, confirmation, and settlements of capital market investments
- Participate in the production support of various processes and systems
- Identify, analyze, respond to and resolve issues and problems
- Demonstrate understanding of department’s processes and systems
- Share knowledge with other team members
- Provide assistance to others as needed
- Back up team members during absences
- Ensure up to date documentation
Verify information and uphold internal controls:
- Ensure internal control standards are being met
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of information
- Check and reconcile information to ensure accuracy and resolve discrepancies
- Occasionally review files and information prepared by others
- Ensure up to date documentation
Key contributor to projects for the unit under the guidance of the Manager:
- Carry out key tasks of the projects
- Liaise with other teams (IT, Investments etc.) as needed
- Direct activities and tasks related to system upgrades, new releases, and bug fixes
Contribute to identification and carrying out improvements for the unit, including assisting
- Financial Analyst to research, identify and document new markets, products, processes, or systems:
- Assist in development/implementation of new processes/systems
- Collaborate on recommendations for process changes and improvements
- Direct initiatives to create efficiencies and effective day to day processes
- Own components of change management or process improvements
- Develop and implement tests plans
Service internal and external clients:
- Provide information and services to internal and external clients
- Respond to inquiries and requests from internal and external clients
- Participate in development of new requirements or processes requested by clients
Deal with internal and external suppliers:
- Collaborates with Technology, Investments, service providers, consultants and/or vendors in the delivery of solutions
- Manage relationships to ensure high quality service by suppliers.
- Request/provide information as needed to established suppliers
- Represent OTPP in a professional manner
What you’ll need
- Relevant university degree (such as Accounting, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science) or equivalent relevant experience with Finance Operations processes
- 1+ years of experience in Capital Market Operations or strong knowledge of settlements an asset
- Proficient knowledge and experience working with Charles River (CRD) an asset
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think through problems, assess a variety of factors and recommend a solution
- Excellent quantitative and computer skills (Excel and Access), including an understanding of database concepts
- Good background skills and knowledge of accounting and reconciliation processes
- Must be able to work to deadlines, adapt to a rapidly changing environment and sustain high productivity levels
- Must be extremely detail oriented, organized and thorough
- Self starter, confident, innovative, team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to effectively deal with internal and external clients and suppliers
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Enrollment in the CFA, CGA or CMA program an asset
What we’re offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
- Retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations , we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
Accommodations are available upon request (firstname.lastname@example.org) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
Note that all individuals employed by Ontario Teachers’ in our Toronto office will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We remain committed to an accessible, inclusive and barrier free workplace; written requests for a human rights-based exemption from vaccination will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Posted May 02, 2022