At Ontario Teachers, we know that our Talent are our greatest strength – every innovation, every idea and every win has been powered by our people. We offer a work experience that inspires, encourages talent development, celebrates diversity and rewards superior performance. The best and brightest not only come here – they stay. Help us continue to deliver outstanding service and retirement security to our members and be the world’s leading pension plan. Apply today! Your Talent. Your Experience. Our Future.
Responsible for supporting the Member Services Division by providing accounting services for Pension Payroll. Also responsible for supporting General Ledger responsibilities in Corporate Finance.
Who you’ll work with
This position reports to the Senior Manager, Corporate Finance.
What you’ll do
- Journalize all pension payroll-related transactions into the General Ledger at a summary level
- Reconcile all pension payroll-related G/L accounts
- Prepare all pension payroll wires; thereby ensuring that funds are wired in time
- Collect amounts owed to the Plan from retired members
- Ensuring the timely and accurate processing of all system interfaces to the general ledger; including staff payroll, and cash receipts system
- Assisting with the testing and implementation of new/enhancements to new/existing processes and interfaces
- Ensure all G/L requests/inquiries are handled in a timely, efficient manner
- Reviewing the accuracy of financial data in conducting the Plan’s business with Revenue Canada
- Ensure the accuracy and timeliness of all G/L account reconciliations, and administrative expense accruals
- Assist with the issuance of annual T4As, RL2s and NR4s and any subsequent inquiries
- Respond to inquiries from internal and external clients
- Document new procedures or update existing procedures as required
- Assist on projects
- Backs up team members during absences
- Other duties as requested
What you’ll need
- Solid experience in Finance processes (10 months or more) with direct experience in accounting processes.
- Relevant University degree (such as Business, Accounting, Mathematics) or equivalent relevant experience with Corporate Finance processes.
- Excellent understanding of computerized processing of financial transactions both on mainframe systems, and PC applications, specifically the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of the Income Tax Act as it relates to a pension fund.
- Ability to interpret regulations and instructions into procedures and practical applications.
- Effective planning and organizational skills to set priorities in order to meet established deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to interact with internal and external customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively and co-operatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and sustain high productivity levels.
- Demonstrated use of independent judgment in identifying, researching and interpreting information, identifying solutions and making decisions and recommendations.
- Enrolment in the CMA or CGA program is an asset.
What we’re offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
- Retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- A flexible/hybrid work environment combining in office collaboration and remote working
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track various learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more.
At Ontario Teachers', diversity is one of our core strengths. We are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflect and celebrate diversity of thought, background and experience. Through our Inclusion & Diversity Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) events, celebrations , we offer a variety of opportunities for colleagues to connect for the purposes of professional development and networking & mentoring.
How to apply
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
Accommodations are available upon request (firstname.lastname@example.org) for candidates with a disability taking part in the recruitment process and once hired.
Note that all individuals employed by Ontario Teachers’ in our Toronto office will be required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. We remain committed to an accessible, inclusive and barrier free workplace; written requests for a human rights-based exemption from vaccination will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
Functional Area: Finance
Requisition ID: 4305
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.
Posted May 02, 2022